Friday 1 November 2019

Let it snow

Yesterday was Halloween, and it was a cold, windy, snowy day in the Chicago area. In fact, it was the snowiest October 31st ever recorded here. In my neck of the woods we had about four inches of snow and a brutal wind chill. Trick or treating was not cancelled, and we had about 35 children show up. It was a much lower amount than usual, but the kids seemed to be having fun. I have 3 bags of candy left over, which doesn't help my healthy eating at all. 😉

Here are a couple of  pictures from the day. These were taken at my friend's house.





I made Cajun chicken wings for dinner, in between answering the door.




The leftover candy was dessert.... just kidding, the bags are still not opened. Haha




We just helped ourselves to what was left in the bowl.




Duncan started his day with a grooming appointment, which was bad timing on my part given the weather. He was very happy to reclaim his spot on the patio now that the tree has been removed. 


Have a good weekend friends!