Friday 17 January 2020

Chihuly!! Part 1

One of the highlights of our Florida vacation was the visit to the Chihuly Collection in St. Petersburg. I've seen only a couple of his more opulent works in person before, and didn't really know what to expect. I was absolutely blown away by his work. Chihuly's pieces are reflective of organic forms found in nature, which in my opinion, does not come across in photos. I wish that the collection had more work in it, but considering the amount of mental and physical efforts which go into creating his pieces, it was a large collection.



Here are some photos I took, presented with limited comment...


These three hang from the ceiling and are very large!






 detail...




I'll call this one "A Psychedelic Landscape"

















This is the ceiling of a hallway between two exhibit rooms. 
You can see the top of our 6'6" tall friend's head for scale.







I hope you enjoyed Part 1. Part 2 and maybe Part 3 to follow!


Happy Weekend!!