Thursday 5 July 2012

A different way of thinking

A friend shared this picture on Facebook and I really liked it. There were loads of comments and I selected a few from people who know what's all about.


"AUTISM IS NOT A DISORDER!! AUTISM IS A DIFFERENT WAY OF THINKING how hard is that for people to understand? its not contagious and it does not have to jeopardize a normal life in any sort of way. i have my school diploma and i have some great friends, i am good at what i want to be good at."

"Love this! I may just have to put this on the wall (of my actual house :) -not FB wall) for my daughter. She is 9 and screams at me that she just wants to be normal. I tell her she IS normal. She just thinks differently etc ..... Maybe this will help her. I don't know how to help her when she gets like that. Thanks!!"

"My son just put something very similar to this statement in a paper he wrote about his challenges. He said one of his ways he needs to overcome people's ideas about him is to explain early on to them that he has the same hardware, but that his software isn't the same as everyone else."