Saturday 4 August 2018

Riddle me this

Put on your thinking caps. I thought it might be fun to solve some riddles. Please try not to use the Google machine. 😉  I will update the post with the answers later in the day. Have fun everyone!



Answers now included.





1)
I like indigo but not blue, I like onions but not turnips, I like forms but not shapes. According to the same rule, do I like tomatoes or avocados?



Answer:
 Tomatoes - I like all things that start with a preposition.



2)
When I'm used, I'm useless, once offered, soon rejected. In desperation oft expressed, the intended not protected. What am ?



Answer:
A poor alibi or excuse.




3)
How many cats are in a small room if in each of the four corners a cat is sitting, and opposite each cat there sit three cats, and at each cat's tail another is sitting?



Answer:
Four cats, each near a tail of a cat in an adjacent corner.




4)
What is the next 3 letters in this riddle? o t t f f s s _ _ _



Answer:
     e n t - They represent the first letter when writing the numbers one thru ten.




This next one is my own personal favorite riddle..


5)  If April showers bring May flowers, what do May flowers bring?



Answer:
          Pilgrims!