Tuesday 10 July 2018

Imaginary friends

Did anyone ever have an imaginary friend? Yours truly had one. I am not sure what made me think about it, but my mind went down that road so I thought I would discuss it. Picture the year 1963...

                Dinner is on the table. Mom sits down next to three year old Roxie. Suddenly, a shriek. Get up! You are sitting on my friend! Mom jumps up, confused, sees nothing on the chair. Roxie, what are you talking about?!  My friend Rebo is sitting there, I responded. My parents were cool and proceeded to set a place for Rebo. He joined us all the time after that. At the park, bedtime, and at restaurants. Going out to eat was interesting as the server had to be briefed on his existence so a place setting could be added. He always ate the same food as me.We shared Kiddie Cocktails. I actually remember this. Then he was gone as fast as he showed up.






I am not really that weird, am I? 😉