Tuesday 8 May 2018

Unexpected travel

I have some  news... When I entered the US, I had a visa waiver, so I was given three months stay, full stop. But we only discovered that the visa couldn't be extended (at all) when the border protection guys sent me an email saying they hoped I had enjoyed my visit and that I had only ten days to leave the country. Bye bye!

I still had a valid return ticket to Paris, and I will travel this Thursday. Fortunately, I have many friends over there and have already arranged a place to stay, with a very good, very welcoming friend.

I'm not quite sure what will happen next, but I know I can't stay with Dora on a full time basis. I'll apply for a proper tourist visa and try to spend the summers in France and the winters in Miami. Best of both worlds! 

I need my fellow bloggers to cover for me from Thursday until at least Monday, because the journey is brutal and I'll be jet-lagged. Merci in advance, peeps!

The good news is that I can take you sightseeing in the French countryside again...

Here's a taster, a place called Dampniat: