Tuesday 29 May 2018

The Pleasure of a Garden

When the world wearies and society fails to satisfy, there is always the garden.
— Minnie Aumonier
When we moved here there was not a plant to be seen. I really wanted a nice perennial garden- but they are so expensive to buy and it takes time for them to settle in. Then, If you remember a few years ago I saw a sign for a plant sale and went over to take a look- $200.00 later, I had so many little plants that Mike spent days digging new flower beds. I had no idea what would come up, so we just put everything in somewhere and hoped for the best. 
Four  summers later and I cannot imagine not having my wonderful garden.  
Now don't get me wrong. I don't actually do a lot of work in the garden. Except buy a new plant whenever I see a space needing one. I got 3 new Black Eyed Susan's this spring. Often we have to dig another bed because the plants keep spreading. It is wild and overcrowded, and because I still don't remember all that is in the garden, it is always a new experience. And I absolutely love it. 
I think I will turn off all the news for a bit and just enjoy my garden. 




These gorgeous Irises surprised me. I only noticed them when I peeked under some leaves. 


Even the dandelions have a place in our garden. 
Finally some lilacs... ! This was a new bed for hostas last summer. I always think of Marie when I start moving hostas around... ;)


In another few weeks it will be a completely different garden. How great is that, eh?
Bring your coffee, we'll sit outside and chat.