Tuesday 15 May 2018

Back in France

I arrived in one piece, despite a few annoying mishaps. Plane delayed, missed the train, stayed in a hotel, which was good because it's not so tiring when the journey is staggered. Caught the first train the following day, no problem there, but the next train was cancelled due to an accident on the line, so we were taken to another station on a bus, in torrential rain all the way. The train was waiting for the bus, then I had another 2 hour wait for the next one. The reason for so many changes of trains is that Macron is messing with people's pensions and various sectors are having strikes. The train services have been disrupted since early April!

It was an emotional journey. Being back where I have so many memories is difficult, and on top of it, the weather is lousy, with non-stop rain and it's quite a chilly. I have only a couple of changes of warm clothes, so I need to go shopping.

I have been following the blog, but must confess that the inspiration to write posts is not there yet. I'll get better after I've had some time to recover emotionally.

Enjoy the chats, peeps! P, please don't forget to post another update about the fire. I hope Annette recovers quickly from her burns. Ouch!