Thursday 8 November 2018

Throwback Thursday

The election this week made me think about the past. Tuesday, November 4, 2008 was a big night for all of us. I am sure most of us were celebrating together. We were brought together by the unlikely pick of Sarah Palin a few months earlier. A group of far-flung strangers with a common cause. Over the past ten years many of us have become close friends who share much more than just politics. What a wonderful turn of events that I don't think any of us anticipated!

Let's look back..




This was especially big for my family as Obama was an Illinois senator. My son was a student at a University in Chicago at the time and had the opportunity to attend the acceptance speech in Grant Park that night. Here are his recollections of the event.

I took the CTA to Grant Park with many other students. The train was crowded and everyone was so happy. We owned the streets, just a swarm of people. It was an incredibly peaceful gathering. The crowd was estimated at 240,000.








We made some progress on Tuesday, November 6, 2018. Let's hope it continues and we can celebrate again in November 2020.

Have a great day everyone!