Friday 2 November 2018

Talloires, France


One summer in the 1980s, I was fortunate to attend college in Talloires, France.  It is on Lac Annecy in the Haute-Savoie (French Alps).  It is by far the most beautiful place I have ever been.  I'd like to take you on a tour.

This photo (yes, it's a photograph!!) is from a Talloires facebook group I follow.  The light there is incredible, very similar to the light of Cape Cod.



The whole region is incredibly beautiful.


The school itself is located in a 1000 year-old Priory.








I lived in Veyrier du Lac, which was a quick bus ride from Talloires.  Here are some photos from that part of the lake.  The family I stayed with lives somewhere in this photo.







The largest city of the Haute-Savoie is Annecy.  It's a quaint city, with three canals and the Thiou River running through it.












I would love to go back there one day.