Friday 7 September 2018

What Are You Reading?

I have gone through a long dry period where all I read is Twitter. However, I have read two really good books in the last while.

If you love mysteries I am sure you know David Baldacci's books. I love his Alex Decker series and just finished The Fallen. This is the 4th book in the series.



Amos Decker has been described as an intriguing, complex anti-hero. Following a devastating football accident he developed synaesthesia* and a photographic memory. No longer able to play football he becomes a special agent for the FBI.

Start with the Memory Man if you have not yet met Alex Decker.


*Synaesthesia is a neurological trait or condition that results in a joining or merging of senses that aren't normally connected. The stimulation of one sense causes an involuntary reaction in one or more of the other senses. For example, someone with synaesthesia may hear colour or see sound.



The last few days I have been completely engrossed in a book that Pallottine recommended.

Educated, by Tara Westover is an incredible memoir written by a young woman who describes a troubling childhood spent in a survivalist family.  Memoirs are always somewhat problematic and there is controversy about this one. However, I found the book thought-provoking and inspiring. 


Don't you just love getting so wrapped up in a book that the world disappears? You just have to keep reading but you are afraid you are getting too close to the end.

I need some new recommendations...