Saturday 22 September 2018

Making do

Wednesday was a busy day for me, but I was determined to make something tasty and somewhat healthy for dinner. I checked the freezer, not much there but a package of boneless chicken thighs. That's a start. I had a jar of wild rice in the pantry, perhaps I could make chicken rice soup? No, that wouldn't work, I didn't have celery or carrots. I did have an onion, a package of mushrooms and a can of low sodium cream of chicken soup. I was on to something. Bring out the crock pot.




I tossed in all the ingredients (minus the rice) along with some skim milk and seasonings.  I then went on my merry way.
                                   

Is anyone still with me?





I was afraid of that.


Moving on...

When I returned home later in the day the house smelled great. The gravy seemed a little thin so I added a few spoonfuls of light sour cream. That did the trick. I cooked the rice, heated up some frozen veggies, and dinner was ready. Oh, I also found a frozen baguette in the freezer. Bonus.


Voila!
Light creamy chicken and wild rice. I am not sure how accurate the light part is, but it makes me feel better to call it that. 😃


Thanks for reading this self-indulgent post! Have a great Saturday.