Tuesday 4 September 2018

Summer bounty

This has not been the best year for my vegetable garden. The cold/hot rainy/dry weather has taken its toll. I have had an abundance of jalapeno peppers, but everything else has not met expectations. My tomatoes are extremely tasty, but the plants are almost dead already, I usually harvest well into October.




I decided to do what I can with what I have, so I put my thinking cap on. Hmmm.. let's try pickled jalapenos! The word pickled made me think of .. well, pickles. A quick google for a recipe and I was on a mission. A trip to the local farmstand and I was good to go.




The jalapeno slices are delicious. The pickles won't be ready to sample for at least a week. Anticipation is always a good thing! 😋  I saved a couple of jars of pickles for our pickle loving friends.



Have a great week everyone!