Friday 29 June 2012

Whistling...

Peter and I sleep in separate bedrooms. The reason is practical, we simply like to get a good night's sleep. In the past, I had his enormous, very heavy hand land on my face (a very disturbing experience in the middle of the night!), he snores very loudly, I fidget, we both get up to answer the calls of nature several times each night, we also have restless legs, talk in our sleep... the list is endless.

Tired (literally) of sharing a bed with something akin to a noisy mountain goat, we both decided that we'd be better off in our own rooms.

I know what you're thinking...

The following joke is about separate beds, but provides a very good solution!

A young couple got married and spent their honeymoon in a hotel with twin beds.

The shy young bride was a bit anxious and asked her new husband:

"But how are we going to do... you know what... How would I know you're in the mood?"

He replied:

"No problem, darling. I'll whistle and you come to my bed."

She was still worried:

"Yes, but how do I let you know when I'm in the mood?"

He was very reassuring:

"Well, you just ask me: 'Did I hear you whistle?'"


This is our favourite joke. He he he...