Thursday 24 January 2019

Small Pockets of Joy

Yesterday, one of our dear What Time friends told me, 

"I am trying to find small pockets of joy to counteract all the nastiness in this country. "



I started thinking about that... and little by little that sense of panic and fear and despair began to lessen. 


Some Pockets of Joy...

  • The warm feel of Little Mo snuggling on my chest this morning...(He hasn't been Luci-fur since he returned from his stay with my friend!) 
  • Going to yoga
  • The lovely sweater a lady made for me to give to Barbie's granddaughter
  • The texts from my girls telling me they were both home from work safe and sound after yesterday's freezing rain
  • A nice hot bath
  • Nancy Pelosi's Kick Ass Attitude
  • Duncan's beautiful face
  • Knowing Mike can still get out and shovel the snow in the freezing cold -without pain

  • A kitty in the window



All little things...but so very important to recognize their value. 

I hope all of us can find some little pockets of joy these days...