Monday 10 December 2018

Getting Into The Holiday Spririt

 This year many of us are having a difficult time getting into the holiday spirit.  I'm putting one foot in front of the other, and doing what feels comfortable.  We put up our tree yesterday and trimmed it with all of our decorations.  You can see we need a new tree-topper-- the angel's lights finally blew out after 20 years!  


I enjoy looking at each ornament and remembering where they came from or who made them.  I picked up this fun pair this afternoon.  Maybe they're a happy sign about our upcoming family vacation!



These two boxes contain vintage ornament which we found in my parents' attic during the cleanout.  This was my share of them!  I'm going to put these on now, but I may need a bigger tree!


I hope anyone struggling this holiday season takes time for themselves, and just do what you're up for.  Remember, even in "normal" years, the holidays can be hard enough.  We'll get by with a little help from our WTIOC friends.