Wednesday 20 May 2015

We need to talk about food

The conversations about food have endured in recent threads, so I decided to share photos of some of my vegetarian meals. I must say, they're quite delicious and there's a trick to help keep hunger at bay: the secret is to eat very slowly.

Sweet potato, shredded red cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, radishes, zucchini and walnut bread with hummus. The dessert is fruit purée (no sugar added) and banana.


Quinoa cooked with diced bell peppers, black and green olives cut very small, leeks and garlic. Zucchini, spinach, rocket and lamb's lettuce salad, walnut bread with hummus.


Wholemeal spaghetti with carrots, bell peppers, broccoli and celery with tomato and green olives.


Sweet potato, cauliflower, broccoli, hearts of palm, black olives and spinach, rocket and lamb's lettuce salad, plus my lovely walnut bread with hummus.


Unfortunately, I neglected to take a photo of another regular meal: whole rice with one of the following - chick peas, lentils, black, kidney or cannelinni beans cooked with loads of veggies, plus some kind of salad.

I always have the fruit purée desserts and they're really tasty. My favourites are mango, pineapple, pear, and recently I've tried quincy. Mango definitely tops the list!

Breakfast is a Marmite sandwich and banana mashed with oats, cocoa and a bit of honey. I also have avocado when they're nice and ripe.


Between meals, I snack on nuts and seeds, plus fresh fruit. I also have two squares of a chocolate bar (75% cocoa) and drink a lot of water.


The blood tests will be done in August. Hopefully, the results will be encouraging and I'll avoid the dreaded statins! Will keep you posted.