Tuesday 2 September 2014

Good memories

I came across the work of a childhood friend with whom I lost contact many decades ago. There was a little gang of four, two boys and two girls. The boys were brothers and the girl was another neighbour. All our parents worked in television, as actors or writers, producers and directors, which rubbed on us, so we were always dreaming up new scenarios for our adventures.

The older brother and I used to produce magazines together when we were between 7 and 10 years old. We would spend hours drawing, colouring and doing all the text by hand. Our magazines had only one very precious copy of each issue. My friend pursued a career as an artist.

The younger brother was killed in a road accident when he was 13, the family moved away and that's how we lost contact. I'm still in touch with the girl, but we grew in totally different directions, so we're not bosom buddies anymore.

My friend is very versatile and illustrates children's books, but he also has some collections on other themes. Here are some examples of his "Vases" collection. I really like them and had to share them with you...