Monday 5 August 2013

Mid-life crisis


On my 25th wedding anniversary, I was in the grip of a mid-life crisis and told my wife:

"Darling, 25 years ago, we had a small old car, a tiny apartment, we slept in a sofa-bed and watched TV on a 14" black-and-white set. But every night I went to bed with a hot 25-year-old blonde."

I continued:

"Now we have a mansion, two Mercedes, a king-size bed and a 50" plasma TV. But I go to bed with a 50-year-old, grey haired woman. It seems to me that you're the one who's not evolving."

My wife, a very sensible woman, replied:

"I don't see a problem. You should leave home and find a hot 25-year-old woman who would like to go to bed with you. It would be my pleasure to make sure that you will, once again, drive a small old car, live in a tiny apartment, sleep in a sofa-bed and watch a small black-and-white TV..."

My mid-life crisis was cured immediately. Nothing beats the wisdom of a mature woman!