Friday 4 October 2019

Hello weekend!

Another Friday has come around again. Fall is definitely in the air in the Midwest, and it feels very nice and cool right now. We are in the very small window of time where neither air conditioning nor heat is needed. It won't last long, the nights are already getting chilly. My garden is still producing hot and sweet peppers, which is a much longer growing season than usual. I picked my remaining green tomatoes a couple of days ago, and I hope they ripen in the house. It was a good year for tomatoes as well.

I love autumn even though it leads into winter. There is just something about the cool sunny days, and the colorful trees. The crunching of leaves during a walk with Duncan is one of my favorite sounds. The actual raking of leaves is a different story, but I guess it is good exercise 😉 The smell of bonfires and thoughts of chili and other comfort foods is also appealing. The house smells so good with something simmering all day!






Have a wonderful weekend everyone!