Sunday 16 June 2019

A wonderful weekend

My family spent last weekend in a cabin in the woods near the Wisconsin Dells. We were only about five minutes from town but we were in a very secluded area on a lake. There were eleven of us, and to say we had a good time doesn't begin to describe our experience.






We all contributed to the meals and I must say we enjoyed very good food, which we took turns preparing. We certainly did not go hungry!


We had some delicious drinks as well. Plus plenty of beer! 


Saturday was spent on the water with kayaks, a canoe and a rowboat.




In the evening we had a fire by the lake and made S'mores.


We ventured into town on Friday for dinner. The group is missing my youngest daughter and her boyfriend. He took her to a nearby vegan restaurant which was very good.

We had so much fun and we are looking forward to more trips in the future 😃


P.S.
I asked my kids if it was ok to show their pictures, it was not a problem for any of them. My youngest did have one request. Her friend watched Duncan for the weekend, and my daughter wanted me to include this photo of him dressed in the outfit her friend bought for him. We both thought everyone would enjoy it. ( Youngest is the one in the kayak so I didn't forget her either.)  😉


Dapper Dunc!

P.S.S.
Happy Fathers Day P!!!