Thursday 26 April 2018

In the news..

This is a tough one. I am still processing this, but I will give it a go.  As many of you know, PGfan and I attended a local book discussion on Tuesday evening concerning "The Golden State Killer".  Some background information is required. Michelle McNamara, a true crime writer, wrote a book about these atrocities. Twelve killings and at least fifty rapes that happened across California in the 1970's and 1980's. She was meticulous in her research, often returning to the scene of the crime to try to reenact it. She pursued it relentlessly. It took a toll on her life, consuming her thoughts. Unfortunately, she passed away in her sleep in 2016 at age forty six, due to a combination of sleep aids and an undiagnosed heart condition.  The sleep aids were prescribed to help her deal with the stress of researching this subject. After her death, her husband, actor and comedian Patton Oswalt, was determined to get her book published. Along with her contributors, Paul Haynes and Billy Jensen, it was accomplished.




PGfan and I were fortunate not only to see the three of them, but also best selling author Gillian Flynn, who moderated the conversation. It was compelling, and haunting , they were so passionate about the subject.





I think it is safe to say that PGfan and I were intrigued by what we heard. Then I woke up wednesday morning, checked my phone, and wow, this guy was captured as we were attending the event!  I am not going to go into detail about his name, etc. ,  because I don't want to give him more notoriety. It is all over the news. What a night, and we were a part of it.