Wednesday 21 March 2018

Peter

Readers who haven't learned my bad news, here goes: my beloved Peter left us in mid-December. It was sudden, very quick and he didn't suffer. 

I miss him terribly, but I'm very lucky to have 37 years of memories, filled with far more ups than downs. Peter was a very special person: gentle, generous, honest, funny, incredibly loving, very very very patient, all the things that made him a fantastic companion to me, a wonderful father to our boys, and a welcome friend to anybody who knew him. He was a hard worker and his main priority was the family. Peter always put us ahead of himself. I'm still having a very hard time accepting his absence and can't really believe he's gone. I will try to not be miserable, he wouldn't like that, but I need to go through the grieving process at my own pace, there's no point in trying to rush it.

Well my friends, one day at a time it will be, and sharing the load with you is a first step. Let's have our silly parties, the banter, the never failing support and affection always present, in sum, all the things that made WTIOC a special place. Peter was an avid reader of comments, but didn't say much. He loved the blog and I'm sure he would be more than happy to see us all together again.

Saying goodbye to the love of my life is very hard, but I will keep him in my heart, always.