Friday 4 January 2013

Lovely owls follow-up

I received a comment on the photo below, drawing my attention to the lack of credit for the picture. The majority of photos posted here are found on the internet and very rarely credit the authors.


I'm very happy to tell you that this photo was taken by Ellen D. Hartlmeier on behalf of O.W.L (Orphan Wildlife Rehabilitation Society). I'm glad Ellen posted that comment. We've been in touch via e-mail and she told me about their Facebook page, which has up-to-date info and loads of photos! Click HERE to visit their page.

I found out that this lovely reading bird is called Sarah and that she's one of the ambassadors for the species in the Society's educational programs.

I know many of you don't "do" Facebook, so please visit their website to find out more about the excellent work they do and to get acquainted with very attractive birds. They specialize in raptors and, as enthusiastic followers of the Decorah eagles, I'm sure many of you would be fascinated to learn a little bit more about some of the other species. There are many stories, a virtual tour and also a wish list on their homepage. Some of the items on the list are quite easy to find and post to them. They also accept donations.

Enjoy!

[Bonus: I made a new friend!]